*We may earn a commission for purchases made using our links. Please see out disclosure to learn more.
Ever found yourself wishing your baby’s bassinet could move as effortlessly as a suitcase on wheels at the airport? Well, bassinets with wheels might just be the answer to your wishes!
- Why Bassinets with Wheels are a Game-Changer
- Top Features to Look for in a Bassinet with Wheels
- Comparing Stationary Bassinets and Bassinets with Wheels
- Safety Precautions for Bassinets with Wheels
- Top Bassinets with Wheels for 2023
- Other Bassinets Worth Mentioning
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Bassinets with Wheels are a Game-Changer
The Evolution of Bassinets
From simple woven baskets to intricate wooden designs, bassinets have come a long way. The latest trend? Bassinets with wheels! They combine the traditional comfort of a bassinet with the modern convenience of mobility.
The Convenience of Mobility
Imagine being able to move your sleeping baby from the living room to the bedroom without waking them up. With a bassinet on wheels, this dream becomes a reality. It’s like having a portable sanctuary for your little one! For those living in small apartments, the portability of a bassinet with wheels can be especially beneficial.
For mothers recovering from childbirth, especially C-sections, moving around can be challenging. A bassinet with wheels allows the baby to be close at all times, promoting bonding and making feeding times easier.
Top Features to Look for in a Bassinet with Wheels
Wheel Locks for Safety
Safety first! Ensure the bassinet comes with wheel locks to keep it stationary when needed.
Adjustable Height and Positions
A bassinet that adjusts to your needs? Yes, please! Look for ones that offer adjustable height settings and positions.
Material and Build Quality
A sturdy build and breathable materials ensure both durability and comfort for your baby.
Comparing Stationary Bassinets and Bassinets with Wheels
Bassinets have been a staple for newborns for centuries. While the primary function remains the same – providing a safe and cozy sleeping space for babies – the design and features have evolved over time. Two popular types are stationary bassinets and bassinets with wheels. Let’s dive into the differences and benefits of each:
- Stability: Without wheels, stationary bassinets are often considered more stable and less prone to accidental movement.
- Design: Many stationary bassinets come with a classic design, making them a favorite for those who prefer a traditional look.
- Placement: They are typically placed in one location, like beside the parent’s bed or in the nursery. This means parents need to commit to a single spot for the bassinet.
- Safety: Without moving parts like wheels, there’s less maintenance and fewer parts that could potentially malfunction.
Bassinets with Wheels
- Mobility: The primary advantage is the ability to move the bassinet from room to room, ensuring the baby is always close by.
- Flexibility: Great for daytime naps in the living room and nighttime sleep in the bedroom. It’s like having a portable crib!
- Safety Features: Modern bassinets with wheels come equipped with lockable wheels to ensure stability when stationary.
- Convenience: Especially beneficial for postpartum mothers, allowing them to move the baby without lifting a heavy bassinet.
Which One is Right for You?
The choice between a stationary bassinet and one with wheels boils down to personal preference and lifestyle. If you value mobility and flexibility, a bassinet with wheels might be the way to go. On the other hand, if you prefer a fixed spot for your baby to sleep and value traditional design, a stationary bassinet could be your pick.
Safety Precautions for Bassinets with Wheels
Always check the stability of the bassinet, especially when moving it around. A tip-over is the last thing you want!
Regular Maintenance Checks
Just as you’d check the tires on your car, regularly inspect the wheels of the bassinet to ensure they’re in good condition and functioning safely.
Top Bassinets with Wheels for 2023
1. Arm’s Reach Clear-Vue Co-Sleeper Bedside Bassinet
- Description: From the brand that popularized the term ‘co-sleeper’, this bassinet offers clear visibility of your baby thanks to its breathable mesh sides. It can function both as a co-sleeper and a standalone bassinet. It comes equipped with four caster wheels for easy mobility and includes essentials like a mattress, fitted sheet, and a strap to secure it next to your bed.
- Pros: Can be used as both a co-sleeper and freestanding bassinet, ample storage space, adjustable height, breathable mesh sides, comes with essential accessories.
- Cons: Some users found it challenging to assemble, not as stylish as other models but highly functional.
2. Dream on Me Lacy Portable 2-in-1 Bassinet & Cradle
- Description: This versatile bassinet doubles as a cradle, offering flexibility for parents. Its portability feature is enhanced with wheels, making room-to-room movement a breeze.
- Pros: 2-in-1 functionality, breathable mesh sides for easy visibility, full canopy for outdoor use, lightweight and easy to move around.
- Cons: Bassinet holds up to 20 pounds, sheets sold separately.
3. Ingenuity Dream and Grow Baby Bassinet
- Description: The Ingenuity Dream and Grow Bedside Bassinet is a versatile choice for parents. It’s designed to keep the baby close during their first year by adjusting in size to accommodate growing infants. This bassinet offers a 2-mode design, functioning as both a bedside sleeper and a standalone bassinet. The adjustable height feature ensures it aligns perfectly with most adult beds.
- Pros: Grows with the baby, breathable mesh sides for easy visibility, built-in soothing sounds for a peaceful sleep, storage pockets for essentials.
- Cons: Might be bulkier than other models, but its adjustable feature compensates for it.
These bassinets have been selected based on their features and overall functionality. Each of them offers unique features that cater to different needs, making them the top choices for parents in 2023.
Moreover, the best bassinet is one that suits both your baby’s needs and yours. Whether it’s for convenience, design, or features, choose what feels right for your family.
Other Bassinets Worth Mentioning
Although these next few bassinets don’t have wheels, they deserve to be mentioned due to their features and versatility.
1. Maxi-Cosi Iora Bedside Bassinet
- Description: Known for its modern design, the Maxi-Cosi Iora is not just about looks. It offers a firm yet cozy mattress, breathable mesh sides for easy baby viewing, and adjustable height positions. It’s also travel-friendly, folding compactly with a carry bag.
- Pros: Breathable mesh sides for easy visibility, large storage basket, adjustable height and side-to-side positions, compact folding with a travel bag, sleek design.
- Cons: Doesn’t come with sheets, only a machine-washable cover for the mattress pad.
2. SNOO Smart Sleeper
- Description: On the higher end of the price spectrum, the SNOO Smart Sleeper is known for its smart features that help soothe a crying baby. It automatically adjusts motion and sound based on the baby’s needs, ensuring a peaceful sleep.
- Pros: Automatically responds to baby’s cries, adjustable settings, keeps babies safely positioned, sleek design, app integration.
- Cons: High price point but has good resale value.
3. HALO BassiNest 3.0S
- Description: A popular choice among parents, the HALO BassiNest offers a swivel feature, allowing parents to easily bring the baby close or move the bassinet aside. It’s known for its stability and innovative design.
- Pros: Swivels over parents’ beds, built-in soothing features, height adjustable, breathable mesh walls, comes with essential accessories.
- Cons: Heavy when detached, might not be as portable as some users would prefer.
If you’re having trouble getting your baby to sleep in a bassinet in general, take a look at these articles:
A bassinet with wheels is more than just a sleeping space for your baby; it’s a tool that offers convenience, flexibility, and peace of mind for parents. By choosing the right one, you’re ensuring that your baby has a safe and comfortable place to rest, wherever you are in the house.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I clean a bassinet?
Most bassinets come with removable and washable linings. It’s best to follow the care instructions provided.
2. Do I need a separate mattress for the bassinet?
Most bassinets come with a fitted mattress. If you’re considering an additional mattress, ensure it fits snugly and is designed for the specific bassinet model.
3. Are bassinets with wheels safe for newborns?
Absolutely! Just ensure you choose a bassinet that meets safety standards and always use the wheel locks when stationary.
4. Can I use the bassinet as a regular crib without the wheels?
Most bassinets with wheels have a locking mechanism that allows them to be used as a regular crib.
5. How long can my baby use the bassinet with wheels?
Typically, bassinets are suitable for babies up to 6 months old, but always check the manufacturer’s recommendations.
6. Can I travel with a bassinet with wheels?
While they’re designed for mobility around the home, it’s best to check the manufacturer’s guidelines for travel recommendations.
7. How often should I check the wheels of the bassinet?
It’s a good practice to inspect them monthly and before placing your baby in the bassinet.
8. Are there any additional features I should look for in a bassinet with wheels?
Some bassinets come with added features like storage pockets, vibration modes, and built-in music or white noise.